Thursday, March 3, 2016

On My Bookshelf: March

I do the majority of my reading at night before bed, but between lots of school and lots of work, I've been falling into bed exhausted every night, and although I try to read a few pages before turning off the light, I have literally been unable to keep my eyes open past a few pages. As such, despite knocking the socks off of February in terms of finishing lots of books, I honestly don't think a whole lot of reading will be happening this month. None the less, I will try to finish a few books, even if they're done via audiobook (still counts!).

Knit the Season by Kate Jacobs
This book would probably be better read during the Christmas holidays, but nonetheless, I am reading it at the end of winter/start of spring. But I'm not really concerned that the book is supposed to be a seasonal read--I welcome Christmas good-feelings anytime of the year :) I've read the first two books in this series, and while they're definitely not difficult reads, I love books that center around knitting.

Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs
I'm pretty sure I've professed my love of Jack Kerouac many times on this blog, and having read the majority of his work, it seemed like the next natural step to read his colleague's work as well. I'm listening to this on audiobook, so I'll be listening to it on my way to and from class and work.

When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
This memoir was written after Kalanithi learned that he had cancer and ends all the way up to his death a year ago in March 2015. I've heard such wonderful things about this book, and it's an interesting study on what makes life worth living despite the inevitability of death.

No comments:

Post a Comment