Thursday, February 25, 2016

The Power of Broke // A Blogging for Books Review


The Power of Broke by Daymond John is all about starting from nothing and building a successful entrepreneurial business. From the idea that desperation breeds innovation, John takes us on a journey to understand how to think big and to strike quickly when opportunity knocks.

I enjoyed this book because I think it can apply in a non-business setting as well. For me, the book is all about garnering personal strength and energy to make a personal goal attainable, whether this goal is to start a business or not. This book is really just about being a more successful person, and success is applicable to any aspect of life.

My only real complaint about the book is that it focuses mostly on the success stories of other people and not on Daymond John's story, even though his story would have fit into the concept of the book. I do appreciate being given several examples of building a business from nothing, but I wanted to learn more about the author's own tricks and tips that worked for him.

I received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment