Monday, January 4, 2016

On My Bookshelf: January


In 2015, I completed my goal of reading 30 books by finishing 37, and this year, I plan on hitting the same goal with the hope that I can exceed it again. I read so many amazing books last year, and I hope that I also have some amazing reads this year as well! If you have any book suggestions for me, please let me know! I read pretty much everything, so no suggestion will go overlooked!

This month I hope to read:

Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
I actually started reading Anne of Green Gables a few days before the new year, but I didn't get very far into it, so I'm adding it to this list for the month. I had forgotten how good this book is though. It is so well written, and while the plot is pretty basic, the words are absorbing.

Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
If you've read Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, then you'll know that each chapter is preceded by a little sub-story. Well, that sub-story has now been expanded upon and placed in its own book, and I'm excited to read it! It's a little Harry Potter-esque, which is never a bad thing.

The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler
While I'm usually a proponent of reading books before seeing their movie adaptation, I actually have already seen this movie already and am just now getting around to reading the book. But that's okay! I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, and since I am a proponent of all things Jane Austen, I have high expectations of the book too.

No comments:

Post a Comment