Friday, January 1, 2016

16 Things to Do In 2016


Wow, 2016 already. 2015 was quite a year. So many unbelievable things happened, coupled with some really sad times as well. But that's the way that life goes--every day is new and different, and it's hard to anticipate everything that is going to happen in a year. Because as this past year has shown, a lot can happen. But I'm definitely looking forward to 2016. This year is going to hold some really great times, and even though David and I haven't set a date yet for our wedding, who knows, maybe we'll get married this year! Since I can't write that in stone yet, 16 other things that I want to happen this year are as follows:

1. Finish reading the Bible in its entirety.
2. Learn how to sew.
3. Visit a state I've never been to before.
4. Build my personal brand.
5. Take more pictures.
6. Learn to knit cables.
7. Learn to be a better fiancee, sister, daughter, and friend.
8. Read at least 30 books.
9. Attend the wedding of a friend.
10. Write more poetry.
11. Find something positive in every situation.
12. Go through my belongings and weed out items to donate.
13. Get a yoga mat and start doing yoga again.
14. Sell something that I've made.
15. Get a raise at work.
16. Keep kicking butt at grad school.

I think #11 is especially important. Negativity is such a drain on energy, whether physical, mental, or emotional, and it can genuinely affect our health. Every situation is what you make it, so put your best foot forward and keep going, trying to find something good in every person and every aspect of life. Bad days happen, but don't take it out on yourself or others.

I'm not a huge fan of winter, but I'm trying to see it not as a time of being permanently chilled, but a time of reveling in hot drinks, sitting by a fire, snuggling under hand-knit blankets, and sharing kisses under mistletoe.

2 comments:

  1. I like number 11 also! Daddy, Meghan and I are attending Marist's Evening Series. Feces is doing his adult version of Prayer and Meditation. The class fits in perfectly with your positive energy theme! However, I still hate winter!! But in thinking positive thoughts, it's a good time to snuggle with kitties and read. ;) I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ adding a caveat, Meghan does her yoga before class starts. Us old folks spread out on old Prayer and Med pillows and pray. Such an amazing time together.

    ReplyDelete