Thursday, December 17, 2015

The Unveiled Wife


David and I celebrated our four year anniversary two weeks ago :) It was such a nice day of love and happiness. We made one of our longtime favorite meals (chicken satay with a spicy peanut sauce from the Colorado Classique cookbook), and for dessert we made an angel food cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream to eat while we watched a movie.

Celebrating our anniversary always makes me think towards the future. Dating has been such a wonderful journey, and now our journey as an engaged couple has also been an exciting time in our lives. We're constantly every day growing in our love, and we're learning that our relationship can only be strengthened by pursuing a similarly intimate relationship with Jesus. Chasing our faith has been one of my most favorite things about our times together--I treasure going to church together every Sunday, and I love praying before each meal. It highlights one of my favorite Bible quotes, "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13), and it also emphasizes for us that our relationship would not be possible at all without our faith.

I started reading recently a new-to-me blog called The Unveiled Wife written by Jennifer Smith. It's really just all about encouraging and uplifting wives and providing them words of wisdom and inspiration to look up to God and let Him strengthen our relationships. I like this blog because it seems really real and doesn't try to sugarcoat things. Marriage is not easy, but it can be so incredibly rewarding if we learn to take the time to cultivate it. In turn, I hope that God can work through me to show me my shortcomings and guide me to rectifying them because it is oh so worth it.

Since finding this blog a few weeks ago, I have since read Jennifer Smith's book of the same title, and I felt so inspired by it. If you are currently married or in a serious relationship, I truly recommend this book to read because I hope you'll be encouraged by it too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment