Sunday, December 13, 2015

The Best Books I Read in 2015

I made it a personal goal to read 30 books in 2015, and even though the year is not over yet, I have already exceeded this goal.  If you want to take a look at everything that I read this year, and beyond, check out my Goodreads page.  And friend me! I love to look at what other people are reading (plus it is a great way to get book suggestions).

And speaking of book suggestions, if you read an amazing book this year, let me know what it was because I need some ideas as 2016 approaches.  I've been getting my book fix recently from the Chicago Public Library, and I need some new books to add to my hold list :)

Many of the books that I have read this year have been by Sarah J. Maas, the author of two incredible series of books--Throne of Glass and A Court of Thorns and Roses.  I pretty much swallowed these books whole, and I recommend them so much, especially if you love a good bit of fantasy with a side of romance on behalf of dark, brooding characters, haha!

This year at the beach, my sister, Colleen, brought a book along that I ended up loving.  Me Before You is the quintessential beach read, and I loved it. Be prepared to cry multiple times, but I'm the kind of person who appreciates a good cry, and I don't mind books that trigger this kind of emotion in me. This book now has a sequel, After You, and it is sitting in my library hold list. I can't wait for my turn to read it!

I already decided that I'm going to have a whole post for this book, but I listened  The Unveiled Wife on audiobook, and I could not stop listening to it. I finished it in less than two days, and it has given me really interesting perspective. I found this book after stumbling on Jennifer Smith's blog of the same name, and while I am not a wife yet, I think it's never too early to start thinking about the very real issues that come with marriage, and getting honest wisdom from a woman who has experienced some really hard marital problems is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment