Wednesday, November 18, 2015

The Grownup // A Blogging for Books Review


The Grownup by Gillian Flynn is a short story about a woman working as a spiritual "reader" who is presented with an interesting case by a woman, Susan, who says her house is evil. As the story continues, the psychic visits the house and finds that Susan isn't wrong about her home.

This book was a quick, short read that was genuinely chilling.  It was creepy and thrilling, and I found myself reading most of it in one sitting.  The characters were well-developed, and although it might have been better if it was a full length novel, I found it to be a little lacking towards the end.  Once it was over, I didn't feel compelled by it in any way, but I generally love anything that Gillian Flynn writes, so it won't keep me from reading her other books in the future.

I received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment