Thursday, October 29, 2015

Happy Cooking // A Blogging for Books Review


I love cookbooks. Cooking is so satisfying to me, and even though I'm not adventurous enough to make meals sans a recipe, I love to experiment in the kitchen. Hence why cookbooks are so wonderful to me! Another thing I've always loved? Food Network and Giada. Which is why her new book, Happy Cooking: Make Every Meal Count...Without Stressing Out, is a welcome addition to my cookbook collection.

At first glance, this cookbook is beautiful. The food looks stunning and yummy, and the collection of recipes included in extensive. Although I'm not a fan that there are often times more than one recipe per page (making the book appear cluttered), there are great tips included among the recipes. These tips seem to include substitution suggestions, detailed instructions for special techniques, and just her words of wisdom, written as if we were the oldest of friends.

The variety of recipes in the book also appears to be extensive. The motto of the book seems to be "clean" eating without having daunting recipes. The are suggestions for smoothies and breakfast and dinner and everything in between. My only complaint is that some of the recipes have some hefty ingredient lists which is usually my biggest deterrent from a recipe--I do not want to have to buy a whole lot of ingredients that I probably won't use up before their expiration.

I received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment