Sunday, October 18, 2015

Dear Mister Essay Writer Guy // A Blogging for Books Review


I mentioned in my last blog post that for October I was reading Dear Mister Essay Writer Guy which is about an essayist/writer that solicited questions from other essay writers about writing. The questions vary from strange to hilarious, and the answers that Dinty Moore provide and just as obscure and funny. Some of the answers are better than others, but all the answers are followed up with an essay demonstrating what he replied about. Although I felt that the essays at the beginning of the book were better than the ones at the end, I really enjoyed this collection as a whole.

I had two favorite essays from the book. The first one is called "Dash It All" and was prompted by a question by Cheryl Strayed who was actually the only essayist who submitted a question that I had actually previously heard of as she wrote the ever popular book Wild. As such, it was her question that served as an advertisement of sorts for the book because having her name attached seemed to give it some credibility to me. The other essay that I thoroughly enjoyed is entitled "Mr. Plimpton's Revenge." This essay is humorous and well-thought out, and if there was ever an essay that I would desire to go back and read, this one is it.

I received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment