Tuesday, September 1, 2015

On My Bookshelf: September


I did a lot of reading during August. The first week of the month, I was at the beach with my family, and I underestimated the number of books that I was going to read. I had only brought two books with me, and I ended up leaving with two more that I borrowed from my sister, Colleen. The first was The Rosie Project which I loved. It was an easy read that was perfect for the beach, and the characters were instantly likable. The second book was Me Before You which I also devoured whole but it proceeded to rip my heart out. Don't get me wrong, I loved it; it was definitely one of my favorite books that I've read so far this year, but it continues to haunt me with its rawness.

This month, I'm mostly going to be geeking out over the Throne of Glass series by Sarah Maas:

The Assassin's Blade - This book is a collection of five novella length prequel stories to the Throne of Glass books. They're relatively short reads and an amazing way to learn more about Celaena (the main character) and about how she became an assassin.

Heir of Fire - This is the third book of the series, and I cannot wait to dive into it!

Queen of Shadows - This is the fourth book of the series, and it literally just came out. As in today. Thank goodness for pre-ordering on Amazon and having the book arrive on your doorstep the day it comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment