Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Tuesday Tea // 51 Simple Pleasures

 


Oh, the resurrection of Tuesday Tea! Although this post has nothing to do with tea other than the fact that I'm on my second cup of earl grey for the day, haha :)

But I recently found a list that I wrote during high school about 51 things that seem small that give me great pleasure. It can sometimes be hard to find beauty in every day life, but I know that life is a whole lot better if I slow down and give thanks for the simple things. I've already listed these 51 things on a previous blog post, but I thought I would update it with 51 new things, with maybe a couple repeats.

1. squishy, gorgeous yarn
2. Gilmore Girls re-runs
3. big cups of hot tea
4. tall glasses of iced tea
5. re-reading a favorite book and getting something new out of it
6. Anthropologie candles
7. paychecks
8. old recipes
9. sinking into bed after a long day
10. thank you notes
11. rolling the money in your change jar
12. this beautiful print
13. crocheted flowers
14. good hair days
15. salt water taffy
16. getting magazines in the mail
17. dressing up for no reason
18. rooftop dinners
19. dandelions
20. my favorite mug
21. using loose leaf tea instead of teabags
22. Milano cookies
23. my Kitchenaid stand mixer
24. finishing a Rubik's cube
25. maxi skirts
26. finishing an amazing book
27. grace
28. dahlias
29. kitty cats
30. banana babies
31. card games
32. a fresh haircut
33. compliments
34. spooning
35. ceiling fans
36. dishwashers
37. hand-me-down clothing
38. blog comments
39. knowing you're going to spend the rest of your life with your best friend
40. Etsy stores
41. an intricate cross-stitch
42. snuggles
43. looking at baby photos
44. perfectly clean and organized living spaces
45. guitars and ukuleles
46. clean slates
47. waking up early by accident
48. good guacamole
49. good Mexican food in general
50. ceiling stars
51. dreamcatchers

No comments:

Post a Comment