Monday, July 20, 2015

The Surrender Experiment // A Blogging for Books Review

Although I thoroughly enjoy the ideas in this book by Michael A. Singer (author of the wildly popular The Untethered Soul), my main issue with it was its repetitiveness. I loved to hear about his story, but that's really all the book was about--it was essentially Singer's autobiography, which was not what I was expecting. I was expecting more of a guidebook, a set of rules to follow, to help me along my own journey to saying yes and surrendering to fate.

But once I accepted the book as more of his life story, I really enjoyed it. Michael Singer has lived a fascinating life, and it was amazing to read about his experiences as he said yes to essentially everything and all that life threw at him as he strived to live his life according to a higher being's will.

I received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment