Monday, July 6, 2015

On My Bookshelf: July

What a month it has been so far! It feels like my life is been going full-speed ahead right now, and I'm loving every minute of it :) As such, many of the books I'm reading are mirroring my desire to enjoy every second of life and to gain new perspective from everything.

Cold Tangerines by Shauna Niequist
This book is about celebrating the extraordinary nature of everyday life, and the way God infuses every aspect of even the seemingly mundane aspects of things. It's about slowing down and being aware and about how unspiritual things can be spiritual.

Pope Francis: Pastor of Mercy by Michael J. Ruszala
Pope Francis is such an extraordinary man who is transforming modern Catholicism. As a Catholic myself, I'm drawn to learn more about his life, how he grew up and his calling to the priesthood, and this short biography will give me more insight into his life and what makes him so captivating.

The Surrender Experiment by Michael A. Singer
This memoir of sorts is about the journey to enlightenment, letting go of worries, and transforming your life into what you've always desired. The book is the newest Blogging for Books read that I have received, and I curious to maybe learn a new way to live in the moment and maximize my happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment