Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Yarn Along

Happy Wednesday and Happy Yarn Along Day! Linking up with Ginny from Small Things :)




This past week, I finished crocheting the Halstead Shawl, and I am so thrilled with how it turned out. Seriously, it is so beautiful; both the yarn and the pattern exceeded my expectations. As I mentioned last week, the yarn was quite expensive, but I'd love to work with it again (it's a product of Mia Bella yarn store in Highland Park, Illinois).

I'm so eager to actually get some use out of this gorgeous shawl. David and I are taking a long weekend later this month and going to Door County, Wisconsin. I think that might be the perfect opportunity to show it off!

You can find my Ravelry notes here.

21 comments:

  1. My goodness - that’s beautiful. You must have used such a tiny hook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emma! It actually wasn't too tiny, it's a 6mm hook.

      Delete
  2. Just beautiful! I love the color :) I'm in awe over that edging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I actually went a little rouge on the edging, so I'm so glad it turned out beautifully!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful scarf. And your stitches are so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becki! I usually stick with knitting, but I don't like to neglect crochet either :)

      Delete
  4. You're not kidding -- everything about that is beautiful! And so delicate. Adding that pattern to my to-crochet list immediately :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should!! I loved the pattern so much, and it was really quite easy.

      Delete
  5. It's beautiful! I love the light airy lace pattern. It must have taken you a long time to create such a beautiful shawl. My best to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so thrilled with how it turned out :)

      Delete
  6. Your shawl will be just perfect for summer. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly! I'm excited to give it a spin around Wisconsin!

      Delete
  7. So stunning! Love that yarn & pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really must get more of this yarn...

      Delete
  8. Wow, that is completely breathtaking! Beautiful job! I would be dying for a chance to show it off too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so beautiful! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You do know I never have any time to do much reading, including even finding a couple of minutes to catch up online?! For heavens sake, I am a month behind on your blog ... And it's so late (early!). Anyway, you do know you've been to Door County?! Twice! It's beautiful up there. I love the drive up the "coast". So beautiful. I SO miss our road trips. It makes me damn sad.

    ReplyDelete