Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Yarn Along

Happy Wednesday and Happy Yarn Along Day! Linking up with Ginny from Small Things :)




I am glad I can finally share this project in its entirety! This table runner was a gift for my mom for Mother's Day this past Sunday, so because I never know who's reading my blog and when, so I like to keep gifts on the down-low :)

The pattern that I used is technically for a scarf. It's called the Smoky Mountain Scarf (purchased on Etsy), and I actually planned to use the pattern as a shawl. So I widen the center panel by adding two extra repeats of the pattern, but about half-way through, I realized I wouldn't have enough yarn to make it a decent length. Thus it became re-purposed to be a table runner, and it ended up being just over three feet long--the perfect length to drape over a nightstand or put on top of a dresser.  

This pattern was relatively simple, but a few of the rows definitely required concentration. I am planning on using this pattern again though. Maybe next time around I'll actually make the scarf the pattern is written for :)

You can find my Ravelry notes here.

5 comments:

  1. I have made that scarf before and funnily, in grey! It looks lovely as a table runner - what a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never thought of using a scarf pattern as a table runner before, what a great idea! It turned out beautiful, what a great Mother's Day gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how beautiful! I keep meaning to knit something like this for a table runner, actually. I could never keep up with that lace pattern at this distracted stage of life, but someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever idea to change it from a shawl to a beautiful runner. It reminds me of the lovely doilies my relatives would make for me and mum 20 years. I treasure them on my chest of drawers. Exquisite work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is SO beautiful. I know it was made with love and I will treasure it forever, Thank you Kerry, my love always!

    ReplyDelete