Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Yarn Along

Happy Wednesday and Happy Yarn Along Day! Linking up with Ginny from Small Things :)


I think Easter inspired me to just start making pretty things. I've always been more prone to knitting and crocheting garments and accessories, but as spring finally makes itself known, the need for lots of scarves and hats has decreased, and I'm brainstorming new ideas. Crochet doilies are perfect because they work up quickly, and in this warmer weather, the cotton crochet thread doesn't make my hands sweat like wool would. Plus they're just darn pretty. I made five of them this weekend and I want to find a pattern for a bigger doily that I could use as a table centerpiece or under a vase. Ooh, or maybe to use as placemats! Anyone have a good pattern in mind that you've used before?

14 comments:

  1. Oh, I do love a doily! I really wish I could crochet after seeing this gorgeous one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After having learned knitting first, crochet was so easy to pick up! Definitely give it a try!

      Delete
  2. Oh my, I have crocheted many doilies through the years. My grandma has also crocheted some for me. I have considered framing all of them, because I don't like dealing with all the Nevada dust that gets into them. Now I have a passion for knitting afghans and cardigans. I love how dainty your doily is, and the color is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a good idea! Since they're so easy to make, it's easy to suddenly have too many doilies that you don't know what to do with! I'm going to have to look into getting some framed :)

      Delete
  3. Although I never know what to do with them when they're done, I always think doilies look so pretty. I love Doris Chan's patterns, because she takes the laciness of doilies and turns them into garments or shawls that I can actually wear! Yours is so pretty, though, that I have the urge to make some just for the sake of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to go look up those patterns before I have too many doilies sitting around that I don't know what to do with! Thanks for the suggestion :)

      Delete
  4. Hello. This is such a pretty little doily you made. Here's a link to one a made a couple of years ago...http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/crocus-doily
    It was fun and easy to make. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the best! Thanks for the suggestion--that doily is gorgeous!

      Delete
  5. Love this - I'm not much of a crocheter so have no suggestions, but that one is fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lucy! Such sweet encouragement!

      Delete