Thursday, April 30, 2015

The Art of American Whiskey // A Blogging for Books Review

Not knowing too much about whiskey myself, but having a boyfriend who is a great whiskey lover who is ever in the pursuit of new and exciting whiskey facts, I knew this book would be too perfect. Wanting to learn more myself, this is a great book to start with. It's incredibly unique in its display of iconic labels from 100 whiskey bottles, and the book's aged look lends itself the the history that it is trying to portray.

Above all, the imagery is the hallmark of this book. All the photographs are detailed and beautiful, and they truly enhance the design aspects of all the labels featured. Short histories accompany each picture, and each chapter contains recipes and cocktails from all the eras depicted.

This book is really  terrific for any whiskey connoisseur or budding bartender who is interested in learning more about the story of American whiskey. I know that I've enjoyed learning more because it's not just a lesson in whiskey but really American history as well.

I received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review.


No comments:

Post a Comment