Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Bread and Butter // A Blogging for Books Review

Bread and Butter is a cookbook devoted entirely to gluten free and/or vegan baking. Because two people in my immediate family have celiac disease, gluten free cooking has become a staple in my family, especially for family events where the potential for gluten cross-contamination is a very real thing. Gluten-free cooking is no easy task though. Especially when it comes to baking, the specific flour substitutions can be overwhelming, and the price behind gluten-free eating can add up quickly.

Because cooking gluten-free is no easy feat, it's nice to have cookbooks devoted to glutenless recipes becoming more prevalent. Probably the best part about Bread and Butter is the introduction. It carefully goes over the nuances of gluten-free (and vegan, although that's not really what I'm using to book for) cooking, and the details are on par with what I would expect from a high-end cookbook. The book takes the time to anticipate any questions you might have along the way, thoroughly answering every last one.

When it's all said and done, I will probably give this to one of my two sisters who has celiacs in their families. Although gluten-free cooking is something that circumstances have forced me to be passionate about, I know this cookbook will better suit them.

I received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment