Thursday, March 12, 2015

Lighten Up, Y'all // A Blogging for Books Review

Having been born and raised in the south, I am regularly craving good southern cooking. Lighten Up, Y'all by Virginia Willis is a great cookbook that proves that good southern food doesn't have to be extremely fattening (without sacrificing richness, or course).

The recipe that I'm most interested in is actually the one featured on the cover, aka the most decadent looking mac n' cheese I've ever seen. Add some bacon, and I'm sold that this cookbook will be a fantastic addition to my small, but growing, cookbook collection. As a rule, I'm not wholly into recipes that profess to taste better than the whole-fat version, but so far, this cookbook is proving to be the exception.

I'm excited to work my way through the recipes (none of which appear to be too daunting--which is a major perk for me) with the exception of Willis's "Damn Good Dawg Chili." Being a Georgia Tech girl myself, I can't lower myself to eat chili named after the University of Georgia. Kidding of course...mostly ;)

I received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment