Thursday, February 5, 2015

On My Bookshelf: February

I didn't plan it this way, but it's looking like February will be a month of non-fiction. The two books I picked are biographical and a memoir, respectively, but I'm excited to read both of them because I love glimpses into other people's lives.

A Fifty-Year Silence by Miranda Richmond Mouillot
This book is one that I received from the reading program Blogging for Books, and I've been saving it for February because I suspect it's going to be somewhat of a love story (sorry, but I'm a sap). The book is about the author's attempt to uncover the mystery surrounding her grandparents' estrangement and to piece together their extraordinary story.

Bread and Wine by Shauna Niequist
I first became interested in this book when I saw it on a friend's Instagram page, and I knew pretty much right away that I wanted to read it. This book is a collection of essays and stories about relationships and the meals that bring us together, and as a great lover of food, I knew I would be able to relate to the themes in this book. I'm about 10% into it so far, and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment