Thursday, February 19, 2015

A Fifty-Year Silence // A Blogging for Books Review


A Fifty-Year Silence is Miranda Richmond Mouillot's memoir about her attempt to unearth her grandparents' past--both the story of their love and the rift that divided them.

The book jumps between the present day as Miranda gathers stories and letters from her grandfather (Armand) and grandmother (Anna), and it also uses documents that the author finds in her grandparents' possessions that slowly shed light on Anna and Armand's experiences before, during, and after World War II.

As this book continued, especially the last half, I found myself unable to put it down. I felt completely invested in the lives of the characters, and I was completely immersed in the story, needing to know what was going to happen next and what was it that these two people suffered that caused them to never speak to each other again?

I would recommend this book most highly. I loved every minute of it, and I definitely think it will be one of my top five books of 2015.

I received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment