Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Yarn Along

Happy Wednesday and Happy Yarn Along Day! Linking up with Ginny from Small Things :)



This is the Keep It Casual cowl, and although I was skeptical of the pattern as I was working on it, I love the way this cowl turned out. I used it the night I finished it--it was the perfect cowl to wear around my neck over my jacket while I was out in the cold, and then it was perfect to pull over my bare shoulders once I was inside.

Overall, I couldn't be more thrilled with the outcome.

You can find my Ravelry notes here.

12 comments:

  1. That is really pretty. Have you ever seen the Squishy Love cowl pattern for kids that is very similar? I have knit many of those. I might have to try one of these for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just looked that pattern up--you're right, it looks wonderful!

      Delete
  2. Looks super cozy! I have a few shoulder wraps that I knit. I'm always amazed by how much warmth they can add.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! They definitely provide some much needed warmth!

      Delete
  3. I love that! That would work well with hand spun as well. Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! I've never worked with a hand spun yarn, but I'd love to experiment with it.

      Delete
  4. Oh, that looks so cozy! I love it!

    I'd love to have you share at my Yarn Fanatic Party. http://philwife.blogspot.com/2015/01/yarn-fanatic-party-21-happily-hooked.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that looks so squishy and warm! And what a lovely yarn color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love the color too--bright and girly but not too pink ;)

      Delete