Sunday, December 7, 2014

Food: A Love Story // Blogging for Books


I think my funny bone is having a love affair with Jim Gaffigan. I just love everything about his comedy routines, and so when I had the opportunity to read this book, I had to take it.

This book lived up to all the hype I gave it; it was just so darn funny. I read it mostly during my commute to work and school, and there were times when I was literally laughing out loud on the bus. (And you know I'm really into a book when I read on the bus or train because usually it makes me motion sick.)

The great thing about this book was that I could hear Jim Gaffigan saying it in my head while I read. Being able to anticipate his inflections and dramatic pauses made it just an all around fun book to read. Plus his insight into food was spot on. Everything he said, I have pretty much thought at one time or another.

I received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment