Saturday, November 15, 2014

The American, Catholic Almanac // Blogging for Books


The American, Catholic Almanac by Brian Burch and Emily Stimpson is "a daily reader of patriots, saints, rouges, and ordinary people who changed the United States." It's a compilation of short stories, one for each day of the year, about influential Catholic Americans and the lives they lived.

Although this book would be more fun to start reading at the beginning of the year and read it entry by entry, I was too excited to start reading it as soon as I got it even though that meant starting it in November instead of January. Nonetheless, I've thoroughly enjoyed the days I have read thus far, and I plan to continue reading one a day until the end.

This book isn't overly inspirational, but rather it's an unforced account of some pretty cool people. Personally, I can't wait for the entry about Jack Kerouac.

I received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment