Friday, November 28, 2014

Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries // The Pioneer Woman Cooks


This month, unlike last month, I actually got around to making a Pioneer Woman recipe. I love Brussels sprouts, and I thought Thanksgiving was the perfect opportunity to make some, especially since Thanksgiving dinner is oftentimes devoid of green vegetables.

These sprouts were roasted in the oven with some oil, salt, and pepper, and then tossed in a sweet balsamic glaze. I've had this recipe before, so I knew how it was supposed to taste, but unfortunately it didn't turn out quite right. I think the glaze burned a little bit, and it didn't taste as good unfortunately. I was quite disappointed, especially since it was a big meal, and especially since the sprouts pre-glaze were really good. I kept sneaking a few off of the baking sheet, and they were really yummy. Oh well. I guess all cooking endeavors can't be successes.

No comments:

Post a Comment