Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Blogging for Books: A Kitchen in France

This time around, I received a cookbook to review for Blogging for Books. It's called A Kitchen in France by Mimi Thorisson. I'll confess that I was initially attracted to this cookbook based upon its lovely images. The front cover is gorgeous, and I thought it was particularly attractive that all the photographs in the book were taken by Thorisson's husband.

Beyond the photographs though, I am amazed by the range of recipes in this book. I've spent a great deal of time looking at every single one, and although I am slightly overwhelmed by the skill that some of these recipes require (can you say lobster?), Mimi writes cooking instructions thoroughly in both American and metric measurements that breaks down everything to the basics.

Another appealing aspect of the cookbook: it is broken down into four sections, one for each of the four seasons. This makes it easy to craft a seasonal meal and to ensure that all the ingredients are freshest and at the peak of ripeness. Beyond the four sections, each section is then sub-divided into appetizers/sides, entrees, and desserts. Everything looks heavenly.

I received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment