Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Yarn Along

Happy Wednesday and Happy Yarn Along Day! Linking up with Ginny from Small Things :)


This last weekend, I went up to North Georgia with my parents and one of my sisters. While we were there, we enjoyed the foliage, hiked Amicalola Falls, and bought lots of fresh apples. In particular, we brought home two types: Pink Ladies and Arkansas Blacks. They are so amazing.

Back home, I was inspired by the literal fruits of the day and decided to try my hand at an apple cozy. It turned out adorable, and I've already used it. I always take apples to work as a snack and now I don't have to worry about it bruising in my bag.

As I told David, everything is cuter in a sweater.

You can find my Ravelry notes here.

18 comments:

  1. lol- I think that needs to be an sign over my home as it get too cold to live in just t shirts! Everything is cuter in a sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! I would seriously pay money for someone to print that saying for me!

      Delete
  2. Adorable! I thought for a whole second about making those for my children at school, but determined they would probably throw them away - like all of my spoons. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are definitely too cute to throw away! It was quite simple to make though.

      Delete
  3. I agree - everything really is cuter is a sweater! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the cutest thing I have seen in a while!! You should put it on ravelry!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just included a link to my Ravelry page!

      Delete
  5. Love it! I've been thinking about making one of these for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely do it! It only took about 30 minutes.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I love the button too! It's the extra button off of a sweater of mine, so hopefully the sweater won't need it back!

      Delete
  7. What a clever idea! I often pack apples for my girls and they often get bruised in transit. You should post your pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susanne! I used a Ravelry pattern that someone else had already worked out. I just included the link in my post :)

      Delete
  8. "Everything is cuter in a sweater." I also would like a sign that says this in my home LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree! It was one of the more brilliant things I've said before :)

      Delete