Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Yarn Along

Happy Wednesday and Happy Yarn Along Day! Linking up with Ginny from Small Things :)



My sister's birthday is still a week away, but it was most convenient for everyone to get together to celebrate this past weekend which left me frantically trying to finish this scarf in the wee hours of the morning. Add into the equation the fact that I ran out of yarn and I had to improvise a crochet bind-off, it was a little stressful.

But the end result was greater than my expectations, and I wished I could keep it for myself. Maybe once the Christmas knitting is done, I'll make another one for myself.

10 comments:

  1. The cowl looks like it was definitely worth all the hard work and stress. I love the colour effect, and it looks lovely and snuggly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really a quite simple knit, but it was just my lack of time that was causing so much stress. Must plan ahead better next time :)

      Delete
  2. It looks great! Definitely worth all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! It turned out great (if I do say so myself) :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I completely agree! There's just something about colorwork that is so beautiful and holds almost a mythological quality for me.

      Delete
  4. Love the crochet bind off! Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a last-minute needed addition! I've knit this cowl before, but the first time, it used a completely different amount of yarn!

      Delete
  5. Great job! I am so very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I know you! Haha, thanks, Momma :)

      Delete