Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Yarn Along

Happy Wednesday and Happy Yarn Along Day! Linking up with Ginny from Small Things :)


Christmas is a ways away but will probably be here in the blink of an eye nonetheless. As such, I'm already pondering future gifts and what I need to do to prepare for the holiday. Evaluating my stash for inspiration is obviously at the top of my list, closely followed by long hours spent on Ravelry and Pinterest. Then there will probably be some yarn buying, the start of the actually knitting and/or crocheting, and then the inevitable more yarn buying. Hopefully the end result will be some beautiful, thoughtful gifts that will be completed in time for Christmas (unlike last year where I wrapped my mom's table runner with it still on the needles and only 3/4 of the way done. But she had a really cool January gift, haha).

6 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only one who did a stash evaluation before deciding what gifts to knit for Christmas. I usually end up buying more anyway, but hey - at least I made the effort!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely the effort that counts ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm using Christmas as an excuse to build my stash (at least that's what I'm telling myself!), at least it's with projects in mind though right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I never let myself buy yarn without a particular project in mind. The problem with my overwhelming stash though is that people buy me yarn as gifts and then I have to decide after the fact what project will go with what yarn. Not that I'm complaining :)

      Delete
  3. Planning, plotting and (of course) yarn shopping are part of the fun of Christmas, definitely! I've had to put more than one IOU in stockings before now, but I love the idea of wrapping the WIP, needles and all :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knitting IOUs are inevitable for me, I'm afraid. I'm either too ambitious in my homemade gift list, or I don't give myself enough time to complete everything--but usually both!

      Delete