Friday, October 3, 2014

On My Bookshelf: October

I think September was the fastest moving month so far this year. Isn't it funny how the more you have to do, the faster time seems to go? Between class and three jobs, I feel like I'm always on the go, but in a good way.

This also means though that I haven't been doing nearly enough reading. I try to read during my commute, but I'm one of those unfortunate people that can't read on the train/bus. So you can usually find me standing at the bus stop with a book in hand.

This month, I'm hoping to make the time to read:

Blink by Malcolm Gladwell
I've read many of Gladwell's books, and it only made sense to read this one too. I don't always agree with all the arguments in his books, but at the very least, they are always thought-provoking.

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
Sometimes a girl just needs a really easy read, and this book should fit the bill perfectly this month.

Zen in the Art of Writing by Ray Bradbury
This book is a collection of essays all on the subject of writing, and it's really interesting so far. I like getting a peak into how other people's creativity works, and when it comes to writing, I love to get a snapshot of different methods.

No comments:

Post a Comment