Thursday, October 23, 2014

Knockout Knits // A Blogging for Books Review

I was so excited to receive my first book in the mail to review for Blogging for Books!


The first thing that really struck me about Knockout Knits by Laura Nelkin is how beautiful the images are. The photos are light and colorful, and flipping through it, I was gaining so much knitting inspiration just from admiring the pictures. I know the saying goes that you should never judge a book by its cover, but if I had been searching for knitting books based on photography alone, this book would have been a winner.

Actually getting down into the substance of it, the book is laid out into three parts: wrapped stitches, lace, and beads. I already love lace knitting, so reading the patterns I felt comfortable and excited to have a new library of patterns to choose from. I am also intrigued by the patterns that include wrapped stitches though. I am especially in love with the pattern for boot toppers. They are definitely going into my knitting queue!

In terms of the patterns that incorporate bead work, I am more than a little daunted. However, Nelkin takes great care in explaining proper beadwork, and with her patterns to go off of, I'm sure I would be able to muddle my way through my first bead project.

Overall, I have a very positive impression of Knockout Knits. These patterns are going to be a dream to work with, and I hope Laura Nelkin only continues to write such beautiful patterns.

I received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment