Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Yarn Along

Happy Wednesday and Happy Yarn Along Day! Linking up with Ginny from Small Things :)


I liked the Honey Cowl that I just finished so much that I immediately turned around and cast on another one. This time though, I am using another Raveler's colorwork modification, so this cowl is being knit in KnitPicks Simply Cotton Worsted in the colors Marshmallow and Envy Heather. The green is so dark that it almost looks black at times, and I think the contrast is great. I also love how the cowl is so different yet so pretty on either side; makes wearing it just that much easier.

12 comments:

  1. Great idea for that pattern. I really need to knit another one. I love the color combination you chose. Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! I can't wait to see the finished product!

      Delete
  2. I knew the Honey Cowl was a popular pattern, and looking at your versions, I can see why. The colours work really well together and I love how it's almost-but-not-quite striped. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! You should definitely knit a honey cowl if you haven't done so already.

      Delete
  3. Beautifu!l The cowl will keep you warm in the winter months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! Hopefully the winter months will stay away for a little while longer though ;)

      Delete
  4. I love that colorwork on that cowl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathie! I've never colorworked before, so I figured this was a nice, easy pattern to ease myself into it.

      Delete
  5. High contrast yarns work so well in so many two-color projects. I think my favorite is white and . . . well, white and anything, the brighter the better! :D

    ReplyDelete