Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Yarn Along

Happy Wednesday and Happy Yarn Along Day! Linking up with Ginny from Small Things :)



This Lotus hat took no time at all, and for the amount of effort that went into it, the results were ten times better. Hats don't generally take too long to knit as it is, but this pattern produced a hat that looks way more complicated than it actually was.

I was going through my yarn stash recently, and even though I haven't purchased yarn in months, the amount of yarn that I have is nonetheless out of control. So now I'm pretty much just sifting through my available yarn and trying to tag future projects onto it. So this hat was conceived out of the need to start using up some yarn. I don't usually pick such bright colors for items I'm going to keep for myself, but I figured I would switch things up a bit :)

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I knew I had to knit this when I saw how beautiful the pattern was on Ravelry.

      Delete
  2. Love the hat! It turned out fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm thrilled with how great it looks :)

      Delete
  3. So pretty and I love that stitch pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) The pattern really is a real winner. I just know that I'm going to be making many more of these in the future.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful hat, and yes, it does look quite complicated. Such a cheerful color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kris! That's the fun part of knitting sometimes--something will look really complex but actually be surprisingly simple!

      Delete
  5. I love that pattern. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathie! I'm so happy with how it turned out :)

      Delete
  6. I've used that pattern! It's a great one for looking fancier than it is to knit. I went thru a stash busting phase a couple years ago and knit many hats or cowls (aka "a hat without the decreases") that I ended up donating to various groups because while I liked knitting hats, I didn't need them in Phoenix (though there are homeless groups that do take them there because winter nights can be quite cold when you're sleeping outside).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful stash-busting idea! I certainly have need for winter garments, but there's only so many hats and scarves that I can keep for myself. Donating homemade knit-ware is a great way to use our knitting resources :)

      Delete
  7. Lovely hat! I've been looking for a pattern and I think this may be it. I love the colour too, cheery for a dreary Scottish winter's day :) It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern was so wonderful, and I recommend it highly! Are the people in Scotland as excited about the Outlander series as we Americans are? :)

      Delete