Monday, September 1, 2014

On My Bookshelf: September


Life has certainly picked up this month with just general busyness, so I'm not going to be too ambitious in the number of books I'm reading this month. I only plan on two, but if it works out that I have time to read more, then I will welcome it gladly.

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
I remember when this book first came out quite a few years ago, and I remember my mom reading it and really loving it, so I'm excited to read this book. Plus, I love books written from unexpected POVs.

Love & Math: The Heart of Hidden Reality by Edward Frenkel
I discovered this book a few months ago, and it has been sitting in my Amazon wish list since then. Purusing my wish list, David purchased this book for me for  my birthday, and I have so far read the first chapter and like it already. The author really has a way of looking at mathematical concepts and explaining them in a non-confounding way, and I also loved the introduction to the book because it discusses how math really manifests itself in everything--not a single thing on this earth works or was made without the use of math.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you chose my book I got for you to read right away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I was so excited when you gave it to me!

      Delete