Saturday, August 2, 2014

On My Bookshelf: August


So last month, I read two books in addition to the three that I had already decided to read during July. The first was Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, and I devoured that book whole. I loved it so much and related to it more than I have with another book in quite some time. I mean, the main character writes fanfiction. Hello, enough said. After that, I picked up Eleanor and Park which is also by Rainbow Rowell. It didn't blow me away quite as much as Fangirl did, but I still loved it, and you could say that I'm on a Rainbow Rowell (is that her given name? Because it's pretty much amazing.) kick now. Thus, two of the three books I am reading this month are written by her, and I'm really excited.

Landline by Rainbow Rowell

This novel actually just came out last month, and it's about a woman whose marriage is kind of on the rocks. And then she finds an old rotary phone at her mother's house that magically allows her to call her husband fifteen years prior and talk to him during their dating years. I'm really excited for this one.


Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

This book is the first novel that Rainbow Rowell ever published. It's about two women who are emailing each other back and forth at work about their personal lives and about a guy who works for the same company as an IT professional whose job description includes monitoring the Internet use if all employees, including email. The end result: falling for a woman he's never even met.


Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn

I've read Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl (which has been made into a movie!), and I loved it, so I'm excited to read more of her suspense novels. They're so eerie and a little bit creepy, but they're the kind of books that you can't put down.

No comments:

Post a Comment