Thursday, July 10, 2014

On My Bookshelf: July

The beginning of July means that the year is halfway over and that it's time to line up some new books to read!


Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

This book has been topping every fiction list recently, and I'm excited to read it because it has been a while since I read a mystery/thriller. I'm excited for a book that I won't be able to put down and that will keep me up at night.


Looking for Alaska by John Green

I've read two of John Green's books previously, and this one in particular is probably the most well known of his books besides The Fault in Our Stars. Most of his books are classified as Young Adult novels, but I think they're great reads no matter what your age is; John Green just has a really great writing voice, and I usually devour his books in only a few sittings.


Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

All of a sudden, Rainbow Rowell's name is showing up all over the place. She just released a new novel, Landline, on Tuesday, but after reading the synopsis of all of her books, I knew Fangirl was the one for me. How did I make such a deduction? It's about a college girl who writes fanfiction. Enough said. It's been years since I wrote or read any fanfiction online, and I know this book will bring back so many good memories for me. My inner geek is rejoicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment