Thursday, July 17, 2014

Most Like Myself


I feel most like myself with a cup of tea and a handmade blanket. With a full belly and a happy heart. Surrounded by loved ones and a purring cat. Preferably two, but you'll hear no complaints about more. I feel most like myself when I finish a knitted garment and put it on for the first time. Even when there's one spot that isn't quite right, no one will probably notice. I love card games, but I believe in fate, not luck; it helps me to make sense of the hard times. I like to get through the day with a smile although some days it is harder than others. But hair pins help. Or headbands. Or hair bows. But sometimes I take other people too deeply inside of myself, get too concerned with constantly trying to make everyone happy. Evenso, I appreciate the occasional glass of wine, and I especially appreciate the guy across from me that helps me finish it, and there aren't enough words to express the way I feel when he looks at me. 

1 comment: