Friday, July 18, 2014

Beef and Snow Peas...errr...Bell Pepper // The Pioneer Woman Cooks


Okay, so technically this recipe isn't from the Year of Holidays cookbook, but given that it is still a Pioneer Woman recipe, I figured I would write about it here anyways even though it doesn't technically fall under my goal to try out a new Pioneer Woman recipe every month from the aforementioned cookbook.

Due to unforeseeable circumstances, David was kept at work until midnight, so putting the big complicated meal the we had planned to cook together on the back burner, I skimmed the Pioneer Woman's blog for an easy recipe that I could easily make by myself so that David would have something to reheat when he got home. I chose her beef and snow peas recipe, but upon visiting two different grocery stores, neither of which had snow peas or snap peas or any kind of peas for that matter, I decided to use a yellow bell pepper instead.

I'm a pretty slow cook, so the recipe took me about twenty minutes longer than the listed prep/cook time, but I would just like to add that it was pretty darn yummy if I don't say so myself, and I think David really enjoyed it too. I was especially a huge fan of the ginger soy sauce. I will definitely be making this recipe again.

No comments:

Post a Comment