Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Yarn Along

Happy Wednesday and Happy Yarn Along Day! Linking up with Ginny from Small Things :)



I mentioned this scarf a few times on the yarn along but after I finished it, I failed to show a finished product (probably because, two months later, I'm just now getting around to blocking it). But finally, here it is, the Daphne scarf in all it's glory. This really was a breeze to knit, and I learned some new stitches along the way which was nice too.

The scarf used up pretty much exactly 3 skeins of KnitPicks Shine Worsted yarn, and the color is Wisteria.

I'm really excited to gift this scarf, and I think it will be well-received. It's such a beautiful pattern--I would love to keep it for myself.

20 comments:

  1. Wow, this pattern is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a free pattern from KnitPicks!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathleen! I love how it turned out :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Why thank you! I'm sure my sister is going to love it!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. You're too sweet to say so! Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  5. You are absolutely right it is a beautiful pattern and the colourway you chose shows it off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about choosing a more nature inspired color, but I figured who doesn't like purple leaves every once in a while :)

      Delete
  6. What a pretty scarf! I love the leaf pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shirley! The pattern exceeded all of my expectations :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words given that you're such a lovely knitter yourself :)

      Delete
  8. It's really beautiful - I love anything botanical, and so those leaves look just perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! I love knitting geometrical patterns, but the leaves were such a nice change, and they turned out so well!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really excited to gift it, but I wish I could keep it for myself!

      Delete
  10. What a beautiful pattern. The recipient of that scarf is quite lucky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathie! I can't wait to give it to her!

      Delete