Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Tuesday Tea: Bookman's Corner


Last week, I set out on another Chicago adventure to a bookstore called Bookman's Corner. I knew in advance that this was going to be a chaotic bookstore, but I was going in without any books in mind and was giving myself just the opportunity to wander around and let the books find me, so to speak.

Bookman's Corner was over a mile away from David's apartment, and the day was a smige warmer than I would have liked, so I was relieved when I finally arrived. But once I walked in, I immediately liked it. The store was arranged in three aisles (I think), and every aisle looked like the picture--cluttered and narrow and overflowing with books. The aisle I spent the most time down was the one which held the fiction novels, the autobiographies, and poetry. I spent a lot of time looking through all the stacks, wanting to find a couple books that would catch my eye, but I also didn't want to settle on a few just because I walked in with the expectation of buying something. In the end though, I bought two novels for under five dollars.

On the inside of each book, a price is listed, and underneath the price there is a date which is when the store obtained the book. In one of the books that I chose, the date was about a year and a half old, so I found out when I got to the register that the book was thusly half off--quite a pleasant surprise!

Overall, I had a great experience at Bookman's Corner, and if I ever find myself in an adventurous mood and in need of a book, then I'll probably pay another visit, preferably with a cup of tea in hand :)

No comments:

Post a Comment