But there's a reason why I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off recently...
I got my own apartment! My first, non-college, no-roommate apartment. Yep, this girl is growing up. I've been living here for pretty much a week now, and it's been a really weird change, but I'm loving it. There have been some adult things that weren't very fun--like handing over that first rent check or figuring out insurance and getting all of my utilities turned on--but there have been some really awesome parts too.
- establishing my own routine in the morning
- making tea in my shiny new tea kettle
- getting my first package (thanks, Bed, Bath, & Beyond)
- deciding where I want to put things, layout, etc.
- dedicating an entire area of my bookshelf to Jack Kerouac
- successfully vacuuming up all the bugs that lived here before me
- meeting my first set of neighbors (hi, Austin and Gretchen!)
- only having to clean up my messes (having roommates gets old quickly and is so overrated)
- having a porch that already had hooks installed for hanging plants (my parents' moving gift to me was a really pretty hanging plant with blue flowers. I thought about naming it, but I figured I should test out my green thumb before I get too attached. Hopefully this guy will stick around for a long time.)