Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Yarn Along

Happy Wednesday and Happy Yarn Along Day!  Linking up with Ginny from Small Things :)



For the first inch or two of this pattern, I was skeptical as to whether or not this future top was going to fit properly once it was completed.  But now that I'm a little further along, I think I can breathe a sigh of relief because things are starting to look me-sized.  It wasn't just looking too small for me, but more baby-doll sized, and I freaked out because my gauge wasn't off at all.  I think the crisis has been averted though, and I'm excited to keep working on this beauty.  I'm worried about the prospect of the armholes, but hopefully I'll be able to figure it out once I get to them.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I love it too! The color is actually what inspired the project :)

      Delete
  2. So cute! Cannot wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both! Sometimes on bigger projects, I just want to fast forward to the finished product!

      Delete
  3. You will totally be able to figure out the arm holes, I'm sure!! Gorgeous knitting! I hate that moment of panic when you look at a project and think there's no way it's supposed to be as small (or big) as it is. That happens to me all the time still, and the huge sigh of relief when I realize it really is going to be okay is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet comment! It's reassuring to know that other knitters have been through the same ordeal!

      Delete
  4. I'm looking forward to seeing this finished. I'm sure it will fit just fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathie! I'm really looking forward to finishing it too :)

      Delete