Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Yarn Along

Happy Wednesday and Happy Yarn Along Day! Linking up with Ginny from Small Things :)


I told myself that I wouldn't cast-on a new project until I finished up all of my other works-in-progress, but I was so tempted by this purple yarn in my stash that I couldn't resist. This is the first few rows of the Make Up Your Mind racerback tank, a pattern that I found a Ravelry. I made a camisole last summer, but on that project, the straps we sewn on separately, so this tank will technically be the first attempt at a knitted piece with armholes. Should be an interesting experience, but I'm eager to learn some new skills. Hopefully it won't take too long to knit up since it's finally the perfect weather for a tank top!

12 comments:

  1. You picked such a pretty color to knit with! And how fun to knit a project that is not only for yourself but that will teach you new techniques! Have fun with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! I'm already enjoying this new project :)

      Delete
  2. A beautiful picture and I love the color of your yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought a table runner in my parents' house would make a perfect backdrop for another crafty item.

      Delete
  3. Love the colour of the yarn. Its always exciting to learn either a new craft or a new stitch/technique, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yarn is KnitPicks Stroll Fingering in Eggplant--such a great color, glad everyone else seems to think so too!

      Delete
  4. That is a very pretty shade of purple. Have fun with that pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern will have a little bit of a learning curve for me, but I'm eager to undertake it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Oooooh, I love the color of that yarn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathie! It's called Eggplant--how appropriately purple!

      Delete
  6. What pretty yarn! It will turn out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! I'm already making headway, and I'm loving the pattern!

      Delete