Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tuesday Tea: Walking Around Lincoln Park

I've really been loving all the time I've spent in Chicago the past week or so. This is the most consecutive days that David and I have spent together since he graduated two summers ago, so this trip has really been a treat. I'm eager to spend so much quality time with him this summer, and it's only going to help build our relationship even more :)

Last week, I mentioned my plans for a Chicago outting around David's neighborhood while he was at work, and it was such a lovely day. Beforehand, I planned out a list of places I wanted to go into, most of which were on Armitage, and I set out. The first place I went into was Francesca's, and I loved everything I found in this great boutique. I tried on both a skirt and a dress, but eventually I just settled on a beautiful blue scarf headband that is embroidered with silver thread. The next stop on my trip was another boutique MOI, but once I had walked there, it didn't seem to exist, so I went down the street to a store called Comfort Me. Overall, I loved the dresses that this shop had for sale, but all of them were far outside my price comfort zone. I left that store having not purchased anything and ended up at a consignment store called Second Time Around. I shopped in here for a good 20 minutes, and I loved practically everything that I tried on. For a second-hand store, I felt that some of the items were overpriced, but I found a great black dress with a beaded collar that I didn't want to let go.

After shopping, I went down to one of my favorite Chicago caf├ęs, David's Tea, and I perused their new summer tea collection. After some delicious free samples, I decided upon their iced shooting star fruit tea.

Sometime this week, I'm hoping to go to a bookstore I found on Yelp called Bookman's Corner. The only way to describe it is to say that books are literally crammed into every nook and cranny. The reviews say it has pretty much zero order to it, but since I will be going without any book in mind, I think I feel up to the challenge of digging through all the piles and maybe getting lucky.

Any Chicagoans or Lincoln Parkers out there with little known secrets of the city?

No comments:

Post a Comment