Monday, May 5, 2014

On My Bookshelf: May

The semester is finally over, so I am eager to start my summer with some books that I know that I am going to love.  I have found in the past that I typically don't read as much during the summer, even though it really should be the opposite, so I'm hoping that I can break that streak and find some new favorite books.  What are you planning to read this month/this summer?  Any book suggestions for me?

The Noticer Returns by Andy Andrews: I purchased this book at random for my Kindle on Amazon because it was only about three dollars as a special that they were running.  Since it has such great reviews online, I figured that it couldn't hurt to take a chance on this book.  I'm only a couple chapters in, and I am loving this book so far.  I'm really eager to finish it, and I know it won't take me long to do so because I can't put it down.

Growing Up Duggar by Jana, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger Duggar: Okay, so I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of obsessed with the Duggar family. Not in a I'm-going-to-have-19-kids kind of way but more in that I really appreciate their family values and the moral character that all of the children seem to possess.  I love watching their show (it's my guilty pleasure), and since the four oldest girls just wrote their first book, I'm eager to read it.  I just ordered it from Barnes & Noble, and I can't wait for it to come in.

How to Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You by Matthew Inman, author of The Oatmeal: The Oatmeal is one of the funniest online comics, in my opinion.  My sister, Kelly, got this for me recently, and I know it's going to be hilarious to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment