Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Yarn Along

Happy Wednesday and Happy Yarn Along Day! Linking up with Ginny from Small Things :)





I finally finished up this scarf just in time for the weather to start getting warm (of course!), but I am glad to have it done and to have finally mailed it to David who has been so patient in waiting for me to finish it, even if he does just end up wrapping it up and putting it away for next winter :)

This pattern was originally a monotone infinity scarf knit in the round, but I loved the pattern and felt that the texture would make a great scarf for a guy, so I adapted the pattern to be knit just back and forth across the needles. After a KnitPicks yarn sale last year, I had this City Tweed Aran yarn in two colors, Tahitian Pearl and Toad, so I also added stripes, and eventually crocheted a simple single crochet boarder around the edges. I love adapting patterns to fit my needs; it makes me feel like I'm continuing to progress my knitting skills :)

The original pattern is here, and  my Ravelry notes are here.

8 comments:

  1. I think it is a lovely men's scarf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope the man who received it thinks so too!

      Delete
  2. Very neat looking scarf. I'm sure it will be very much appreciated next winter - which will probably be here before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! I know--summer always seems to fly by and winter is always here before you know it.

      Delete
  3. Looks great. I love that textured stitch pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) The pattern is extra thick with all that texture, so hopefully it will make a great winter scarf.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathie :) I think it really turned out well!

      Delete