Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Yarn Along

Happy Wednesday and Happy Yarn Along Day! Linking up with Ginny from Small Things :)


Itching for something new on the needles, I cast on the Daphne scarf last night, having fallen in love with the pattern online a couple weeks ago. I'm using some of the yarn that my sister Colleen gave me for being one of her bridesmaids, and this particular yarn is KnitPicks Shine Worsted in the color wisteria. This is just one pattern repeat of the scarf (12 repeats to go), but I'm loving the delicacy of the leaves. I've never knitted a pattern like this (I've already had to look up how to do one of the stitches!), but I'm an eager learner, and so far things seem to be progressing well!

I also just started reading The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. I like it so far. I think the author does a wonderful job of telling stories, and unlike many memoirs, it doesn't feel cliché or overly-contrived. The stories truly speak for themselves.

12 comments:

  1. We read The Glass Castle for book club a few months ago. Throughout the whole book I was amazed that those kids survived what they did. Crazy story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an intriguing story! And although I don't imagine a lot of people led childhoods that were that hectic, I think that everyone can get something out of it.

      Delete
  2. The pattern is beautiful, so delicate and the yarn looks so comfy - it's going to look fab when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Martina! The yarn is so soft and perfect for warmer weather knitting.

      Delete
  3. Oh that is such a pretty pattern! I'm anxious to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Donna! I practically drooled over other people's finished products on Ravelry, so I'm excited to see my own finished product.

      Delete
  4. What a pretty scarf pattern. I love learning new stitches. You feel so accomplished when it comes out right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathie! I'd never "increased" before, so I'm glad that the new stitches seem to be coming out correctly :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely pattern! Bravo for jumping in and just researching what you need as you go - that's a great way to learn new things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! It makes patterns seem scary in the beginning when there's stitches that are new to me, but it makes the finished product that much more worth it :)

      Delete
  6. i heard Jeannette Walls speak about a year ago…..what an amazing story she has to tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an opportunity to hear her speak! Her story is truly amazing.

      Delete