Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Tuesday Tea: In Addition To

Last Tuesday, I talked about what I am giving up this year for Lent (one week strong so far!), but what I didn't mention is what I plan on doing in addition to not watching Netflix and television.

A few weeks ago, I read an article about Mr. Rogers that mentioned the book Deep and Simple by Bo Lozoff. Intrigued, I looked it up in Amazon, read a few reviews, and decided it would be a great book to read during the Lenten season. I ordered a used* copy online, and it arrived in time for Ash Wednesday, so I've been starting to read it over the past week. It's an easy read, but it is well-written, and I'm eager to continue reading it over the next several weeks.

*When I say "used," I really mean it. This book is crinkled from getting wet several times, most of the pages are highlighted and partially annotated, and the spine and inside cover are stamped numerous times with the words "jail inspected." I think this book probably used to be in a jail library...

No comments:

Post a Comment