Monday, March 3, 2014

On My Bookshelf: March

Oh my goodness, I can't believe it's already March.  I graduate two months from today.  Please excuse me while I pick my jaw up off of the floor.  February was a really good reading month for me.  I read The Happiness Project and Love in the Time of Cholera, both of which I really, really enjoyed, especially the latter.  It was just so incredibly well written, and I'm always a fan of a classic love story that isn't overly cliché or cheesy.  If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it.

This month, I'm hoping to finish three books (Spring Break should afford me some extra reading time even though things will be hectic with my sister's wedding), and I'm excited for my picks.

Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh
This should be a quick and hilarious read, and I'm really excited to dive into this one.  I'm a really big fan of the blog and Allie's hysterical stories, and I can't wait to have her best stories put into one place for me to devour.

Persuasion by Jane Austen
This will be the book to fulfill my requirement this month of my goal to read more classic novels. This is the only Austen novel that I haven't read, and I'm really excited to read it finally because I have heard that it is her most underrated book.

The Casual Vacancy by J. K. Rowling
After my rant last week, I figured it was high time to read Rowling's first adult novel. This one has been sitting on my to-read pile for quite some time, and it's borrowed from my sister, so I'm sure she probably wants it back by now. That's the good thing about having so many sisters; their houses are pretty much my own libraries except I can keep the books for longer than three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment