Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Yarn Along

Happy Wednesday and Happy Yarn Along Day!  Linking up with Ginny from Small Things :)


As I was leaving for Chicago this past week, I discovered that I didn't have a weather appropriate hat to wear in the very snowy Windy City.  In a pinch, I brainstormed what to do, and grabbing some wool and cashmere yarn that I received from my parents for Christmas, I whipped up a quick ear warmer while I was on the plane.  Obviously, it was completed quickly, but it definitely served its purpose well.  I crocheted it in the "knit stitch" so as to have a thicker finished product, and I am so glad I did.  I even got some compliments on it--that to me is the best reward.

Hope you're staying warm, wherever you are!

8 comments:

  1. Now that's true ingenuity :D = Awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Looks great... cozy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin! The cashmere made the wool nice and soft :)

      Delete
  3. I think the 'knit stitch' gives it a classic look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first time using it, but I agree!

      Delete
  4. Great ear warmer. I will have to look up the "knit stitch" for crochet. I thought I knew all the crochet stitches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a simple variation of a single crochet where you pick up a specific loop on the front. It's a great stitch, and I recommend it highly!

      Delete